Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Getting Started in Rimbach

I arrived here on July 29th and was promptly greeted at the Rimbach train station by English teachers Romy Schuster and Jutta Meyer.  We accomplished a lot that day, including seeing the apartment, registering with the proper officials, getting a bank account, getting enrolled in insurance and many other odd jobs.
Romy, as my official contact with the school, has been very helpful with my many questions, especially in regards to living in Rimbach and Germany in general.  Devin Horne, too, has been very helpful.
Since then, I've been taking a two week German as a foreign language course at the F+U Academy of Languages in Heidelberg.  It has been a good experience, though I would benefit from additional time with them.
The school year begins on Monday and I'm looking forward to getting in the classroom, meeting my students, and beginning to teach.
I'll leave you with some photos of the apartment before I moved my belongings in.




No comments:

Post a Comment